Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and grrrls, dogs, cows and other species, welcome to my shitty blog. Who Cares Right!?! is officially unpublished music fanzine by me. It concentrates on reviewing music. Our goal is to make people say "Golly jeepers!" to how much music can a 1 person take. Our dear mr critic, Fringe, will do all the reviewing. If he cannot do atlest one review in a week, we put him to a box, having nothing but gruel and mustard to eat till he finishes atleast the one dang review. His english may suck at times since he has no real education on it. He somehow learned english by watching Cartoon Network when he was little. He'll review everything from official albums to bootlegs, rarities and oddities... anything.

keskiviikko 3. maaliskuuta 2010

Review #6: Sonic Youth - Bull In The Heather EP


Year: 1994
Genre: Experimental
Label:
Geffen Records (Major Label)
Tracks:
3
My Rating:
8/8


Does Sonic youth need an introduction?

1. Bull In The Heather (LP version)
This is one of my favorite songs by them. They also made a music vid for this song, with Kathleen Hanna from Bikini Kill dancing in it hehe... Heres some facts i found concerning this track: The song was named after a racehorse from a bumper sticker given to Thurston and Kim from Bob Nastanovich of Pavement. In May 2007, NME magazine placed "Bull in the Heather" at number 48 in its list of the
50 Greatest Indie Anthems Ever.
I don't know honestly how to describe a sonic youth song... really diverse, different kinda tunings, stuff no other band really does. Love this song.

2.
Razor Blade A short, acoustic song sung by Kim. Kim Gordon must have the most sexxeeh voice i've ever heard. This claims that this song is previously unreleased, but was later released on the 2006 Sonic Youth's Destroyed Room b-sides and rarities album

Mess my hair, take me down
Yeah you know, yeah you know

Mess my hair, take me down
Yeah you know, yeah you know

Play that song, round and round
Play that song, all the time
Mess my hair, take me down
Yeah you know, yeah you know, yeah you know
Razor blade, razor blade
Razor blade, razor blade
Razor blade

3. Doctor's Orders (T-Vox Version)
T-Vox version means that this version is sung by Thurston Moore. The one version on their 1994 album "Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star" featured the song sung by Kim Gordon with different lyrics than this one. Can't deside which version i prefer. I looove Kim's voice, but Thurtson wrote a cool version of it aswell. The lyrics to Thurston's version are as following:

Back door
I'll come to meet you
First floor
I come to collect you

I could be wrong
Could be out of my mind
The way you're comin' on
Slippin' outta line

Top floor
It's you I pursue
Shut the door
Not here to confuse you

I know what you want
Yeah I heard what you said
Better watch yr step
Almost fell out of bed

Sideways
I'm up beside you
Fire away
And I come to like you

It's alright
It's a funny thing
If it's a lucky night
It's just a little fling





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Lukijat